mtPixy is a lightweight pixel editing program that I created from scratch. It is a small, no frills program which is designed to handle simple day to day tasks. I have put the most important facilities I want into a small customized program which means I can avoid the problems of larger programs such as slow operating speeds and overcomplicated user interfaces.
- Save and load JPEG, PNG, GIF files.
- Horizontal or vertical split view mode.
- 64 Brush shapes.
- 100 Brush patterns.
- Pixel grid for guidance at high levels of zoom.
- 12 Image clipboard.
- Copy and paste using rectangle or polygon shapes.
- User defined number of undo steps (default is 100, up to 1000 allowed).
- Pan window for quickly navigating a large image, or at a high zoom.
- Extensive palette features - load, save, sort, edit, posterize, quantize, remove duplicate colours, remove unused colours, colour protection.
- Scalable UI toolbars (icon buttons and palette), with an option to float freely or to dock on any side of the window.
- Image sizes up to 32767 x 32767.
- Resize and rescale the image.
- Quantize and convert RGB images to indexed palette images.
mtPixy is designed for GNU/Linux operating systems. Hardware wise it
has been tested on x86_32, x86_64, and ARM_32 platforms.
The source code is distributed under the GNU General Public License version 3
or later. Read more about this here